In the review the referees are asked to take into account all of the following aspects:
- Does the paper address science historical matters within the scope of HGSS?
- Does the paper present new historic research, new interpretations or new compilations of historic issues or data, or new aspects of the lives of important geoscientists?
- Are the historical methods clearly outlined and the historical sources clearly stated?
- Do the authors give proper credit to related and previous work and clearly indicate their own new/original contribution?
- Does the title clearly reflect the contents of the paper?
- Does the abstract provide a concise and complete summary?
- Is the overall presentation well structured and clear?
- Is the language fluent and precise?
- Should any parts of the paper (text, formulae, figures, tables) be clarified, reduced, combined, or eliminated?